Position: Import Manager
- Oversee all Import documentation activities, including issuance of arrival notices and pre-alerts, AMS and ISF support
- Coordinating Customs clearance and cargo releases, processing OBLs and ocean freight for master and house bills of lading, delivery to final destination, timely processing of invoices, interface with Accounting Dept. to clear open AP and AR transactions, data entry troubleshooting and support.
- Oversee the Import customer service team activities, including effective support of all staff members in solving problems, tracking and tracing shipments; setting up and/or updating new customer profiles; coordination with Sales Team and overseas offices to ensure consistent maintenance of high quality customer interaction.
- Ensure files are closed on time and accurately billed in accordance with Accounting Dept. guidelines and deadlines.
- Manage high volume of emails and/or phone calls.
- Communicate effectively with other internal departments to assure a positive customer experience both domestically and internationally
- Support staff training and cross-training as needed
- Thorough knowledge of international transportation processes, including export and import related charges for air freight, ocean (LCL and FCL) as well as project cargo.
- Knowledge of international customs and forwarding regulations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from customers and partners.
Prior Industry (NVOCC/Freight Forwarding)
5 years or more of Import Management or supervising Experience
Thorough knowledge of Customs Entry procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Detailed knowledge of geography
- Driver’s License
- Proximity to work
Skills and Experience Preferred (Not Required)
- Knowledge of CargoWise software
- Experience with tariff sheets
- Experience with Catapult QMS and/or QMS Lite
- Hazardous Material handling knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of foreign languages a definite plus
- Prior travel and international exposure