Freight Right is a wholesale NVOCC/Freight Forwarder catering primarily to international freight forwarders, 3PLs and other resellers of international freight. We work in a non-corporate setting with a very diverse and sharp team.
Accounts Payable / Credit & Collections Manager
- Monitor, manage, and collect Accounts Receivable balances (including communication with customers and agents through phone calls, e-mails, online portals, etc. to ensure timely collection of outstanding A/R balances/invoices).
- Participates in weekly Collections status meetings with CEO and Head of Finance to report on progress on the above
- Monitor aging payables, identify payables ready for payment, prepare listing of invoices to be paid weekly
- Assist with other month-end account reconciliations, analyses, or journal entries.
- Review and code financial information for input into financial data system.
- Manage Cash Application cycle; Deposit checks and apply receipts to outstanding receivables.
- Monitor and maintain e-mail communication in a timely manner, with both internal and external contacts.
- Inventory office supplies and equipment; prepares and submits orders for purchase.
- Process credit applications received from potential customers and submit to Controller for final review and approval
- Assist employees, vendors, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, services, invoice status, etc.
- Ability to work with foreign currency denominated transactions. Must be comfortable working with exchange rate conversions.
- Design, prepare, and maintain Excel spreadsheets using basic mathematical calculations.
- Assist with Payroll processing and/or review as required/requested (payroll experience a “plus”)
- Thorough knowledge of international transportation processes, including export and import related charges for air freight, ocean (LCL and FCL).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
2-5 years prior Accounting experience in industry (NVOCC/Freight Forwarding)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Driver’s License
- Proximity to work
Skills and Experience Preferred (Not Required)
- Knowledge of CargoWise software