A growing logistics and transportation company in la Crescenta catering primarily to international freight forwarders, 3PLs and other resellers of international freight. We work in a non-corporate setting with a very diverse and sharp team.
- Perform routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Responsible for AP and AR, Inputting invoices to payable system, writing checks and posting to customer accounts
- Prepare accurate and timely month, quarter, and year end close.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in forecasting & budgeting process
- Contact vendors to request invoice copies and verify balances when necessary
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable accounts
- Code and post payable invoices
- Responsible for maintaining record keeping and file maintenance
- Research and resolve discrepancies on vendor statements
- Produce weekly and monthly check runs
- Act as point of contact for AP/AR customer inquiries
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- At least 2-3 Year Experience with Corporate Finance
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Legal working status
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in freight forwarding operations
- Candidates with CargoWise (WiseTech Global) experience are encouraged to apply
This is a permanent full time position that requires detailed training. The company offers lots of room for growth. Only candidates with demonstrated commitment to the company will be considered.
This is an on-site only job. Telecommuting is not offered.