Inside Sales/International Quoting Specialist
Freight Right is seeking an International Quoting Specialist – Air, Ocean, and Ground. Candidate will work with our global network of agents, re-sellers and customers to quote import and export shipments. Analyze costs and tariffs from agents, carriers, and other vendors.
Analyze competitors rates to identify inconsistencies with our own tariff. Negotiate with carriers and agents. Compile rates to increase door to door coverage in given origin/destination pairs.
Work with re-seller partners to provide tariff rates. Work on special projects like landed cost calculations for specific products, OOG and project quotes, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of international transportation processes, including export and import related charges for air freight, ocean (LCL and FCL) as well as project cargo.
- Knowledge of international customs and forwarding regulations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from customers and partners.
Prior Industry (NVOCC/Freight Forwarding)
2-5 years Sales Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Driver’s License
- Proximity to work
Skills and Experience Preferred (Not Required)
- Knowledge of CargoWise software
- Experience with tariff sheets
- Experience with Catapult QMS and/or QMS Lite
- Hazardous Material handling knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of foreign languages a definite plus
- Prior travel and international exposure